Apple has just seeded iOS 5 Beta 3 Build 9A5259f to Apple Developers. iOS 5 Beta 3 is available for the following devices:
- iPad 2
- iPhone 4 GSM + CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 3G & 4G
- Apple TV
This version is available only to registered Apple Developers ($99 / year). Apple has also released iTunes 10.5 beta 3 for Mac and a new iCloud beta for Lion as well as Xcode 4.2 Developer Preview 3.
What’s New in iOS 5 Beta 3?
- There are no OTA updates in iOS 5 Beta 3.
- iMessage beta 3 will only be able to communicate with iMessage beta 2, not beta 1
- Modal alerts don’t appear for iMessages
- Sending an MMS of large videos does not work
- In this beta FaceTime icon is missing in Settings on the iPhones
You can check the whole change log for iOS 5 Beta 3 on BGR.
What About iOS 5 Beta 3 Jailbreak?
Apple has just seeded this release. The iPhone Dev Team will soon find a way around to jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 3. Wait for the updated redsn0w and sn0wbreeze to jailbreak your iDevice running iOS 5 Beta 3.
The iPhone Dev Team has released updated redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 3. iH8sn0w has also released the updated version of sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 3 while preserving older basebands. Note that the jailbreak is tethered for all the devices except iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom).