After the release of Absinthe 2.0.1, Cinject CLI Tool & Rocky Racoon Cydia package, @ih8sn0w has released sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 for iOS 5.1.1. sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 lets you preserve baseband and update to iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS. This latest build works with A4 devices only. Support for A5 devices is not present yet because there’s no low level exploit in DFU or iBoot. So, you cannot preserve the baseband on iPhone 4S and use Gevey sim.
But if you’ve an iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS and rely on Gevey sim or ultrasn0w unlock, then you can follow this tutorial to preserve the baseband & create custom iOS 5.1.1 firmware.
Also Apple released 5.1.1/9B208 for the iPhone 4 (GSM) exclusively. It contains some bug fixes & the untethered exploit has been invalidated. But the exploit is still working fine on 9B206 build. Until pod2g/planetbeing build an untether payload for this build, 9B208 support is not included in sn0wbreeze. @ih8wn0w will push an update whenever this occurs.
How To Preserve Baseband & Jailbreak Untethered iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4/3GS using sn0wbreeze 2.9.4?
Step 1: Download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW
Step 2: Download & launch sn0wbreeze 2.9.4
Step 3: Dismiss the copyright notice
Step 4: Click next. On this screen, click Browse & select iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file
Step 5: sn0wbreeze will then recognize the IPSW
Click Next arrow.
Step 6. You’ll see four options now:
- iFaith Mode: This mode lets you create custom firmware using SHSH blobs saved by iFaith or TinyUmbrella
- Simple Mode: This mode jailbreaks and installs Cydia and other recommended stuff automatically. This mode is for users who just want to jailbreak their iDevice
- Expert Mode: Besides installing Cydia, this mode gives more advanced options like custom boot logos, root partition size, etc. Expert mode also gives the option to “hacktivate”
- Baseband Preservation Mode: This mode just preserves the baseband. It doesn’t install or jailbreak the iOS
All the above modes preserve baseband by default. Select the appropriate mode. For this tutorial, I have selected Expert Mode.
Step 7: Select General
Click Next arrow.
Step 8: Here you’ll see the option to “hacktivate”. Select it if you don’t have original carrier’s sim card. You can also install SSH by selecting Install SSH
Click Next arrow. Then you’ll see the option to add custom Cydia apps. You can download & add Cydia packages here. After you’re done, then again click the Next arrow to proceed.
Step 9: Now select Build IPSW & click Next arrow
After this, sn0wbreeze will start building custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware. Wait for a couple of minutes.
Step 10: After sn0wbreeze finishes creating custom iOS 5.0.1, it’ll save the IPSW on Desktop. The file name will be something like sn0wbreeze_iPhone_4-GSM-5.1.1-9B206.ipsw
And sn0wbreeze will show you the instructions to put your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in Pwned DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen and your iDevice will be in Pwned DFU mode.
Step 11: Open iTunes & press Shift + restore. Then browse for the custom iOS 5.1.1 IPSW & let iTunes do the magic
If you selected General or Expert mode, then Cydia will be installed on your homescreen after restore. Also, your baseband will be preserved and you can use Gevey sim or ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS.
If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask below.
Incoming search terms:
- gevey 5 1 1 iphone 4
- Snowbreeze2 9 4
- sn0wbreeze_iphone_3gs-5 1 1-9b206_oldbootrom ipsw
- redsnow untethered jailbreak 5 1 1 mc318ll
- preserve baseband snowbreeze 2 9 4 gevey
- mc318ll jailbreak
- iphone 4 5 1 1 firmware 02 10 04 jailbreak untethered
- how to preserve iphone 4 4 3 (8f190)baseband 4 1001
- fixing push notifications on 3gs 5 1 1 unlock with ultrasnow
- fix push notifications ios 5 1 1