Apple has patched their activation servers. This method no longer works.
A Chinese hacker, Loktar_Sun, has discovered a new way to unlock iPhone 4 on 04.11.08 & 04.12.01 basebands. He has posted this method on a Chinese forum. The tutorial is in Chinese language. Here’s a proper tutorial in English.
The hack exploits a vulnerability found on the iTunes activation server to unlock your iPhone 4. To unlock, you must have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.1.
Note: The jailbreak for iOS 5.1 is currently tethered. So iOS 5.0.1 is preferable.
Follow one of these tutorials to jailbreak your iPhone 4:
- [How To] Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered using Redsn0w 0.9.10
- [How To] Jailbreak iOS 5.1 on Non A5 Devices using redsn0w 0.9.10b6 (Tethered)
Also, your iPhone 4 must not be blacklisted. If your iPhone 4 is blacklisted, this method will not work for you. You must also know which carrier your iPhone 4 is locked to. Use iTools or visit www.imei.info (Registration required – Free).
How To Unlock 04.11.08 or 04.12.01 using SAM?
1. Download & install the latest version of iTunes.
2. Launch Cydia on your iPhone 4 & add the following repo : http://repo.bingner.com
3. Install SAM
4. Once installed, you’ll see SAMPrefs icon on your homescreen
5. Navigate to Utilities & select De-Activate iPhone
You’ll get a notification saying “De-activated”
6. Navigate to SAM’s main menu. Go to “Method” and select “By Country and Carrier”
Go back to main menu & find your country and carrier (the carrier locked to the iPhone), it should also be noted that some carriers operate under more than one Carrier ID in that case you may need to select “SIM ID”; be sure to choose the right one. If you chose the wrong one, iTunes will not activate your iPhone.
7. Go back to More Information option and write down the IMSI in “SAM Details”, then tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”
8. Go back to the main menu and change “Method” to manual, go to “More Information” and then enter the IMSI number which you wrote down in previous step into SAM Details.
9. Connect your iPhone to computer & launch iTunes. Check and match the ICCID in iTunes and let iTunes activate your iPhone. Double tap “Phone Number” field in your iPhone’s Summary (in iTunes). It should match with your SIM card’s ICCID. Otherwise, start over from Step 6.
10. Close iTunes & unplug your iPhone.
9. Disable SAM.
10. Connect your iPhone to iTunes again, you should get an error saying that your iPhone couldn’t be activated. Don’t worry. Just close iTunes and launch it again.
Your iPhone should be unlocked now.
Push notifications might be disabled. Launch SAMPrefs & tap “Clear Push” utility followed by connecting to iTunes.
Save your unlock ticket for future use by saving everything located in:
You can also save the unlock ticket using latest version of redsn0w.
If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask below.