Geohot’s Limera1n has been released to pwn iDevices for life.
Note: This guide is for jailbreaking iOS 4.1. Check iOS version from Settings -> General -> About & follow the guides accordingly
- If you’re on iOS 4.0, 4.01, 4.0.2 or 4.1, then follow this post itself (The guide is after the break)
- Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad 2 on iOS 4.3 upto 4.3.3 using JailbreakMe 3.0
- Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad on iOS 4.2.1 & below using GreenPois0n
- [How To] Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 using redsn0w 0.9.8b4
- [How To] Preserve Baseband & Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.9 – Untethered Jailbreak
- [How To] Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered using Redsn0w 0.9.10
Here’s a guide to install Cydia on iPhone 4 iOS 4.1.
Step 1: You need to Jailbreak first. Read my previous post on jailbreaking iPhone 4 here.
Step 2: Launch limera1n
Step 3: Mark Cydia and select install on the upper right corner. (You will need Internet access to download Cydia)
Step 4: Cydia will now be installed on your home screen. You might want to reboot if you don’t see Cydia at the first instance.
Here are some more screens:
If you’ve any questions or queries, feel free to ask below.