After 6 months in making, Geohot has released a new unpatchable jailbreak for iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G running firmware 4.0-4.1 and beyond..
I just Jailbroke my iPhone 4 and here’s the guide.
(Note: Limera1n is currently available for Windows only)
Step 1: Download Limera1n for Windows from here.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your PC/Laptop via USB then launch Limera1n and click “make it ra1n”
Step 3: Now follow the steps shown by Limera1n on the screen.
- iPhone will now be in recovery mode
- Hold both Home & Power buttons
- Release the Power button
- iPhone will then enter the DFU mode
Step 4: You’ve successfully jailbroken your iPhone forever. Limera1n app should be shown on your iPhone’s home screen.
Screenshot on iPhone 4
Important: Jailbreaking via Limera1n won’t unlock your iPhone.
- some people must reboot to see Cydia
- some people still don’t have windows
- beta iOS versions aren’t supported
- iPod Touch 2G support coming soon
- for 3G, use redsn0w
- BETA1 – first release
- BETA2 – fixed kernel patching magic, rerun BETA2+ over BETA1
- BETA3 – fixed new bootrom 3GS
- BETA4 – uninstall fixed, respring fixedish
SHAtter exploit has been delayed due to release of Limera1n. Devs don’t want to burn 2 holes by releasing a new exploit. Greenpois0n team will be releasing a tool based on Geohot’s exploit. Read more here.